Monday, February 1, 2010

Weight Loss Update

It's been 1 month since I started eating better and working out...and I've lost exactly 5lbs! It doesn't really sound all that impressive, but I'm celebrating anyway. ;) I am now approximately 10 lbs above my original weight watchers goal weight from when I was 19, so I know the scale is going to move slowly...I remember it taking a few months to get those last pounds off. Even though I'm almost 10 years older and have popped out a couple of puppies since that time, I think that goal is still do-able. I'm going to have to work it though!

My goals for this month:

-find more healthy and cheap things to cook, and try to move away from "recipes" a bit more and just cook lots of whole foods. (I'm thinking lots of root vegetables roasted with olive oil and a spinach salad sort of thing) The trick is finding something the kids will try as well...Emmett is very wary of foods he doesn't recognize, and Seth's starting to become kind of a pickypants too.

-drink lots of water, and less diet pop

-keep doing some form of exercise 6 days a week...I can really see a different in my abs already so I'm going to definitely keep up with that.

-this is unrelated to weight loss, but I need to get back in the habit of daily scripture study.

I'm hoping to see another 4-5 lbs gone this month...we'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME job Tara!!! I can't imagine trying to lose weight with two little ones! It's hard enough having to deal with picky Kyle when cooking, let alone Picky Emmett and somewhat-picky Sethers! Good thing James will eat anything you make. ;-)
    I'll let you know any awesome recipes I know for cheap... I love Ratatouille though and it is SO healthy! Message me about it if you want!

    ReplyDelete