Thursday, May 13, 2010

Preparations

Yesterday I took the boys to what will soon be our new neighborhood - we've driven through a few times but had never gotten out and walked, so I grabbed the stroller and we set off to see what we could find.

We walked through our new complex, and I pointed out which unit is going to be ours (Emmett was pleased about that and wanted to go inside right NOW). We met the 3 little kids that live just 3 doors down. We figured out a path to snake through to the elementary school down the street, and we tested out the playground equipment. :) We watched a bunch of teenagers play basketball, which was hands down the most exciting part of the whole excursion for Seth! I also learned that Emmett is quickly moving into a "chase little girls around the playground" phase, which was apparently a favorite past time of his father at that age. ;)

I felt really relaxed in our new 'hood...it reminded me a lot of my own childhood. I spent my preschool/elementary years living in a townhouse complex - I had lots of kids to play with, a little park, and school was right next door. I really liked living there, and hopefully Em and Seth will enjoy the same type of upbringing.

We take possession in 4 weeks and 4 days, but who's counting? ;)

1 comment:

  1. Living in a hood? With a basketball court nearby? Do these hoops have chain nets on them? And how are these teenagers dressed? Gangster-like? Did you ask if any of their buddies had been shipped off to Bel-Air to live with their rich judge uncle? Did Seth start rapping when he saw the "ballers"?

    ReplyDelete