Saturday, June 5, 2010

I'm old.

I caught myself doing something today that is the very hallmark of the old: I complained about the fashion choices of today's teenagers. I saw a kid, about 15 or so, walking down the street today - well, walking isn't really the best word for it. More like waddling. You see, this young man had decided to combine two trends: 1) the super skinny jean, and 2) wearing your pants so low that at least 6 inches of underwear is visible and the crotch of the pants is closer to your knees than, well, your crotch. It appears the "waddle" is no longer solely the domain of toddlers and the very pregnant...sullen teenagers in tight pants are getting in on the game! What are these kids thinking?!

I imagine about 10 years from now he'll see a picture of his teenage self, and have a "What was I THINKING?" moment. But now I'm wondering how many people secretly snickered at my "awesome" vintage polyester shirts and bell bottoms I was so fond of a decade or so ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment