Friday, December 18, 2009

11 days and counting...

That's how long I've been sick with this stupid cold. Here I couldn't wait for December to start, and all the fun of the Christmas season has been dampened by my constant hacking and nose blowing. Not to mention my throat is still sore! Honestly, who still has a sore throat after ELEVEN days? I'm starting to think I've got the plague.

Ok, sick rant over. (At least for you. Poor James has to hear it constantly!) Last night was so nice and warm we took the kids over to Candy Cane Lane to check out the Christmas lights. Not surprisingly, Seth was asleep practically as soon as we pulled out of the driveway, but Emmett stayed awake for the whole thing. Em's not big on commentary, but we did get one "Wow, look at that!" so that was cool. :)

Speaking of Emmett, he's doing SO much better with preschool now. Up until recently, any time the "p word" was mentioned he would say "Back to bed?" and head for his room. Yesterday I asked him if he wanted to go to Max's house for preschool and he said "House? OK!" No stress, no whining. He happily brought his Makka Pakka toy for show and tell (which was apparently a big hit) and was happy there right from the start. When I came to pick him up he did NOT want to leave...when he was finally coaxed out of the playroom all I got was "Bye, Mommy!" It's such a relief that we've put that awful preschool debaucle behind us and it's something positive for him now.

1 comment:

  1. That cold sucks, but it is something you can use next year! I.E. You held off on going full-out until December because our husbands are Grinches. Next year you can be like, "I got sick in December and couldn't enjoy myself, what if I get sick again?? I need to start celebrating earlier, just incase!"

    ReplyDelete